|Requires at least:||5.3.2|
|Tested up to:||5.4.1|
|License:||GNU General Public License v3|
🥁 What is this?
“Short term memory (or attention span) is limited to seven chunks of information.”– Information Processing Theory according to George A. Miller
✅ This plugin minimises the WordPress admin menu to five (5) top-level items.
✅ It remixes submenus and adds some former top-level items to them.
✅ Finally, it bundles all third-party settings pages on a dedicated submenu page. No more plugins in the top level.
🚫 This is not an admin menu editor of any sorts.
🚫 There are no options for you to customise what goes where.
🎳 You’re free to fork this, clone it, hack it to pieces, make your own out of it.
Minimised admin menu
- Content – points to Posts
- Posts – formerly top-level page
- Comments – if enabled, formerly top-level page
- Pages – formerly top-level page
- Media – formerly top-level page
- Design – formerly Apperance pointing to Themes, now points to Customizer
- Customizer – this is very you change your theme if you need to
- Theme Editor
- Plugin Editor – formerly under Plugins
- Tools – formerly All Tools, now points to Site Health
- Site Health
- Export Content – formerly Export
- Export Personal Data
- Erase Personal Data
- Setup - formerly Settings, still points to General Settings
- Plugins – formerly top-level page
- Plugin Settings – custom page, bundles all third-party plugin settings
- Users – formerly top-level page
- Updates – formerly under Dashboard
🚫 DO NOT INSTALL THIS without running it on a testing site first!
Clone this repository to your local machine, or download the latest release.
You can install the .zip file like any other plugin via wp-admin › Plugins › Add New.
If you don’t know what a .zip file is, or how to upload one to WordPress, make sure you have a WordPress-savvy person nearby before you proceed, or you might end up breaking your website.
Will this be available via WordPress.org?
No plans in that direction, but you can use the GitHub Updater plugin.
This plugin relies on core strings where possible, but it also does introduce a few strings of its own. These are translation-ready, a text domain gets loaded, and a .pot file is provided.
If translations are important to you, feel free to send a pull request with a .po and .mo file in your language.
Read more about translating WordPress plugins
None provided, but if you run into a glitch with another plugin, feel free to open an issue!
💸 You’re welcome!
If you include this plugin into your client projects, please do feel absolutely free to send me money!